The PMBOK® refers to the Project Management Body of Knowledge. This is the standard reference document for PMI (Project Management Institute). It is published by the Project Management Institute, Inc. (PMI).
The fifth edition has a copyright of 2013. This edition added a knowledge area, some processes, changed the names of other processes, and made other changes. At this time (January 2017), the PMP exam is based on the 5th edition and its contents.
Top level table of contentsEdit
The chapters in the PMBOK are
- Organizational influences and project life cycle
- Project management processes
- Project integration management
- Project scope management
- Project time management
- Project cost management
- Project quality management
- Project human resource management
- Project communication management
- Project risk management
- Project procurement management
- Project stakeholder management
The "3rd edition was released in 2004, with some major changes as compared to previous edition. 4th edition was released in 2008. The latest, 5th edition is released in 2013."
- Changes in PMBOK 5th edition over PMBOK 4th edition, and how it affects you! by Shivshanker Shenoy. On PM Exam SmartNotes.
- ↑ "Introduction To Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK-5)" by Shivshanker Shenoy. On PM Exam SmartNotes. Site accessed on 2017-01-26.