PMI continuing education is required in the three categories of the PMI Talent Triangle. The three categories are leadership, technical, strategic and business management.
Time on a learning activity can be divided into two categories in increments of .25 of an hour or PDU.
Strategic and business managementEdit
The strategic and business management topics are business oriented skills such as competitive analysis.
- business acumen
- legal and regulatory compliance
The technical topics are domain expertise. They include skills such as lifecycle management and budget estimation.
External Links and ReferencesEdit
- Talent Triangle Flyer on the PMI site
- a blog entry on Earning Strategic PDUs for PMIs Certification by Seema Sonkiy, February 25, 2016 on iZenBridge.com
- Passionate PM blog on Project Management Institute (PMI)® Updated PDU Requirements, an article by Belinda, dated 01/18/2016
- "How to Categorize PDU According to PMI Talent Triangle for PMP / PMI-ACP" by Edward Chung. May 18, 2016. On Edward-designer.com PMI PMP Exam Tips section.