The PMI strategies for handling negative risks or threats are
The accept strategy can be used for both positive and negative risks.
Examples of negative risks include
- the export license is not granted
- key personnel leaving the project or the company
- equipment can breakdown
- cold weather makes the cement dry slower than expected
- necessary training may not be available during the timeframe it's scheduled
- none of the approved sellers can get the required amount of supplies on time
See the article on risks for links to more comprehensive lists that you can use as thought starters for identifying risks to your project.
- PM Study Circle: Risk Response Strategies for Negative Risks or Threats by Fahad Usmani
- the balance: 4 Risk Response Strategies for Negative Risks: Put Plan B in Place. By Elizabeth Harrin. Updated October 14, 2016.
- Passionate Project Management: Avoid versus Transfer versus Mitigate (CONCEPT 24) by Belinda. 07/13/2011.