Team-building activities are a technique for the develop project team process. Team building activities can serve many different purposes. Some of those purposes are
- developing relationships and icebreakers
- encourage creative problem solving
- improve communication skills
- collaboration exercise
- developing trust and interdependence
- breaking old mindsets, stereotypes, or labels
- understanding teammates
Choose your team-building activities with your team's needs and preferences in mind.
A team-building activity does not need to be complicated, and it can be integrated into normal activities. For instance, the team can have lunch together. Or the activity could be targeted to improve a specific type of team work. The activity could focus on how to resolve conflicts or identify risks.
- Wrike's Ultimate Guide to Team Building Activities That Don't Suck
- MindTools' Team Building Exercises
- When I Work's An Epic List of Great Team Building Games